Starting new journey is exciting, but sometimes it’s scary. You might feel like you will take a leap into the unknown, It’s very natural to have doubts and questions, and we truly understand! We know you might have a lot of questions before starting the journey with us, and we are so happy to be able to answer all of your questions
FAQ TRADITIONAL YIN 50 HR, BOOK 1: Air
- I am a beginner, can I still take part of your Yin Yoga Training?
Yes you can. Our first module, Book 1: Air Traditional Yin TTC, is designed for everybody who wants to learn about yoga, meditation, breathing practices for all purpose, including purpose to gain prosperity in life, elevate the energy and the mind, healing and emotional release purposes, health and wellness. We will learn basic understanding about human body in Traditional Yin perspective, which include learning about anatomy structures, meridian line system, related to the bio-psychology understanding: layers of minds, focus and concentration practice. All of material we will talk about during the training are material that will give you a bit deeper understanding of your life style, and how can we all work through it to make a high state of life.
- Can I do Yin yoga while pregnant?
Yes you can. Any pregnant woman can do yoga when the pregnancy is strong and between 3 – 7 months. Woman’s body are very different from one another. The main key to remember is when you practice yoga, you must practice it mindfully. No rush. The purpose of yin yoga is gain flexibility in the muscle so that we can gain expansion of ‘range of movements’ of the joint space. Some other purpose of yin yoga is to work with the deepest fascia to give gentle massage to the organs and small nadis in this way we can gain better body circulation. Another mission of yin yoga is to gain focus and concentration within relaxation state, so that we can elevate the quality of the mind and may be able to gain wisdom, realization and true understanding of the nature of life of a human being.
- I have a medical problem, can I still do the teacher training?
Yes you can. The goal of our yin yoga training is to cleanse the body for all things that is not natural to the body. If you are in a medication at the moment, you must keep on track on your medication, until the prescription is finished. You must listen to the body in arranging your time of practice and rest. And you must give extra report to your mentors about your condition and your progress during training. This openness that you experience during practice will help you to make progress in your practice.
- What do I need to take with me?
Yoga props: In practicing yin yoga we need yoga mat, a comfortable blanket, a cushion or bolster and two yoga blocks. These are some yin yoga props you must invest for your personal practice after training. During training we will provide all of the props for you. If you would like to use your own props, you are welcome as well.
Clothes: You must dress properly during training, you are not allowed to wear short pants during training classes and must wear comfortable clothes.
- Do you have a writing assessment?
Yes, we do. The writing assessment will be sent by email for those applicants who have paid 50% down payment. It will be a simple assessment about getting to know you closer.
- What is the schedule like?
On the first 7 (seven) days, the daily schedule starts at 06.00 AM up to 19.30 PM for dinner. Daily activities including meditation and asana practice, concept and theory learning about human body and mind, philosophy, teaching method and art of teaching yin yoga. There will be rest in between one activities to another activities. This first 7 days will determine the grade of your completion of the training.
And on the last 3 (three) days, the silent retreat days, we will start at 06.00 AM and finished at 19.00 PM, daily practice including yin asana, meditation samatha and vipassana meditation practice, fasting and completion of the noble silent. There will be no theory/ conceptual learning except for dhamma talk or spiritual understanding of meditation.
- Do I have to be a certified Yoga Teacher to attend?
No, you don’t. Anyone who are physically and mentally healthy can attend this course.
- If I want to take all four modules, do I have to take them all in one year or in specific order?
No, you don’t. All four modules must not be taken right way one from another. You must give yourself gab for rest and settling down your new knowledge. First, you must complete module 1 (Book 1: Air). After this completion, you must go back to your normal life and keep practicing yin practice and what we’ve already practiced in our training up to at least 4 – 6 months of self-practice, and then you can take module 2 (Book 2: Water).
- Where is the course located?
The course will be located in a sacred space, our home Bona Village Inn, in Bona village, Gianyar region, island of Bali. Our shala is designed for a healing and meditation space. The space design has a balance earth and water element, as the shala is built on top of a living pond. On top of the water like this, the space create higher geospacial frequency that can help elevating the frequency of a human brain. In mental and physical state, this feels like an intense energy rushing through all part of the body. This space is surrounded by open air garden, pond and rice field views. Bona Village Inn, will become the place for us to live and practice during training.
- Will I get a certification?
Yes, you will. All participants will get a certification of completing with a stated Grade of 1 Star up to 5 Stars. The Stars represent the quality of your progress of practice during the training. Progress of practice is this term means by the observation, openness and honesty that is shown during all programs in the training and mentoring sessions.
- Will I be able to teach?
Yes, you will. The calling of being a teacher is not measured by how many certification you have in your bag. This calling arise from within, when you feel like you have urgency to practice and share your passion. In order to be a good teacher, you must have confident and faith. Confident that you will be able to teach and have faith that what you share to your audience will give benefit to you and your audience. So, if you want to teach after completing the first module, you must work hard to build your confident and practice to elevate your faith.
PARTICIPANTS DO AND DON’T
TRADITIONAL YIN 50 HR, BOOK 1: Air
- Must have physical preparation before training. This including having a general healthy body and have enough rest.
- Must have mental preparation, including:
- Have and understand a clear purpose and personal goal to the practice. For example, you are joining this course to heal yourself from emotional and physical pain.
- Have the intention to cleanse the self (mind and body) from all defilements and pain.
- Ready to work hard inside, work through feelings and emotion in order to gain focus and concentration and attain the efficient progression of the practice.
- Must follow all rules during training.
- Must able to learn to be more patient to oneself.
- During training the three-keys we must practice is to watch our thoughts, watch our speech and watch our actions.
- Must wear comfortable and polite clothes during training. Clothes must cover the shoulder.
- Must bring pairs of white t-shirt, and sarong especially to wear during silent retreat days.
- Must not do any other work except the work that is given and related to the training.
- Must not wear short yoga pants during classes.
- Must not do any harm to oneself or to another and must speak politely, this is path in learning deeper understanding of the nature of yourself.